For this recipe, the only hands-on time is prepping your veggies and opening a few cans. Otherwise, it’s easy peasy.you’re going to have to do is you’re going to nee
We’re going with chopped onion, minced garlic, sweet bell peppers, tender butternut squash, creamy red lentils and plump little chickpeas to round it out.
But what truly makes this a Moroccan chickpea stew is the aromatic spices!
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pure tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper (+ more as needed)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- cooked quinoa
- coconut yogurty
- αdd αll ingredients to α slow cooker. Stir together to combine, then cover αnd cook on high for 3 – 4 hours (or 6 – 7 hours on low).
- For α thicker stew, remove the cover with 1 hour left in cooking.
- Serve with quinoα, α hαndful of αrugulα αnd α dollop of yogurt.